Do's & Dont's
- Follow the access from Kolkata to Gangasagar Mela ground as described here .
Never try to any other path to reach faster or easier .
- Have patience at every transition point of vehicles.
Never be hurry .
- Stay together all the members of your group because the vast Mela or fair ground is unmarked and unknown to you . If you are lost, please do not move this and that side, try to stand at the same place, take help of volunteers .
Never move alone and never be nervous .
- Keep your full address of home and Mobile Nos of all members of your group and your family with
Do not forget to keep mobile Nos and addresses with you .
- Use toilets and latrines when required .
- Use paper pack never use plastics , Even if you use any plastic never leave or throw it in this island . Use dustbin, never throw any thing on ground or in water .
There are many types of Hardship and Want
- Want of good food .
- Want of roof on heads at drizzling winter nights .
- Want of Vessels to cross the Muri Ganga , from Lot No.8 to Kachuberia or Vice versa .
- Want of Buses from Kachuberia to Gangasagar Mela Ground or Vice versa .
- After dip in Sangam or confluence want of a safe shelter to change clothes for ladies .
- Over loaded roads can consume your hours in row of innocent religious people .
Pilgrims are waiting in line for hours, facing huddles and want of so many things are here, still they are coming since uncounted centuries and going back with smile , memories of single time experience in life and satisfaction of religious fulfillment .
A . Some opportunist- people hold out bait of comfortable journey against huge amount of money from Pilgrims – , avoid them .
B . You may need to wait in a row for hours for vessels or Buses or to reach to the temple of Kapil Muni ( Hermit ) – , Do not be hurry, it may spread some fatal tussles among the ( long waiting innocent ) people. Have patience . All will be fulfilled with time .
C . During the Mela ( Fair) you may need 12 hours or more to reach Gangasagar Mela ground from Kolkata ( only 120 Kms ) , Commonly in other time, it takes minimum 6 (six) hours, Please remain prepared and co-operate .
D . In the pocket of old people and children put an Identity card which must contain Name, Age, Home address and Local address (With Pin cod and Police station) , Phone No. of home, Mobile No. of nearest / contact person and local guardian , Parents’ or Spouse’s name , etc
E . There you may not avail any Rickshaw or Auto to move from one place to another . Depend on your own feet to cover few miles .
F . Before you consume or use any thing like, food or drink tea or coffee or anything, be clear about it’s price and quality , some dirty shopkeepers may ask much more price after you have consumed .
G . Put or deposit all costly clothes and articles to any known person at the time of your bath or go to toilet . Never trust unknown one. Some pick-pockets and snatchers gather in every congregation . Remain alert .
H . Good Food and shelter is very essential , book it prior to reach their .
I . After Mela /Fair period, commonly here water- transport fully depends on high tide , keep prior information about timings of vessels . Otherwise you may need to wait 4 to 14 hours to avail a vessel .
After all , It is true that Gangasagar Mela is the second highest rural congregation of unorganized people in the world . So your co-operation is most welcome . Please, give us your valuable suggestions and reviews , as we can gradually convert a Rural Hindu Fair into an International Fair in Hindusthan .
We are always ready to listen and solve your grievances , so if you have grievence against us , Please send it directly to our mail address or E-mail address.